Hudson Soccer Association (HSA) is very excited to announce the expansion of our successful Western Wisconsin (WW) program that was formed in 2019. Western Wisconsin Soccer was formed at the 15-18 age levels to enhance their skills and give the girls the opportunity to compete at a high level of competition while also allowing them to get more exposure to potential college coaches at regional tournaments.
To keep our local girls from leaving the area to play for other soccer clubs and to attract competitive athletes from our surrounding communities, the HSA Board decided that the Western Wisconsin program would be expanded for girls from U12 level and up.
This program expansion was designed in collaboration with the HSA Board, EDOC Casey Holm, and parent feedback that we have received over the last couple of years.
CLICK HERE for program, coaching, and registration information.
- Paid coaches for all levels – The overwhelming majority of parent surveys desired for their child to have a paid coach, regardless of the level of play. The HSA Board has listened to parents and we agree with them. By having paid coaches for all players, this will ensure that they get the best programming and designed coaching from truly experienced soccer minds.
- Changes to the team designations – There will be no longer be A, B or C team designations. Moving forward, it will be Western Wisconsin FC or Western Wisconsin.
- 2 or 3 Summer tournaments and 1 Fall tournament (Additional tournaments can be played and is left up to each team)
- TCSL Fall and Summer League
- Futsal East (Winter at Stillwater Dome)
- Winter Stillwater Dome and/or Catalyst Training (WW FC) and Catalyst Training (WW)
- Attract Players from Western Wisconsin – Although this is affiliated and run by HSA, the Western Wisconsin designation will attract more competitive athletes from all over the area to play at the highest possible levels.
- New Western Wisconsin branded uniforms
Benefits of Western Wisconsin
- Developmentally appropriate team formation – raises skill level for all teams
- Increased player commitment
- Increased coaching consistency
- Player retention
- More competitive teams to play
- Promotes more local soccer in the area
- Play in competitive regional tournaments in the fall when MN has High School season
- Attracts visibility of players to college coaches (as they get older)
’02 – ‘06 – July 11-12
Noon: ’02 – ‘03
’07 – ‘09 – Aug 1-2
In the future, as Western Wisconsin continues to grow, we intend to look at further expansion of this program into the boy’s teams if the desire is there.
If you have any questions about this please contact Casey Holm firstname.lastname@example.org
We continue to thank all of you for your support and we look forward to getting everyone to be the best they can be within the Hudson Soccer Association and Western Wisconsin Soccer.