Spring 2022 volunteer shifts for travel families are now posted. Many opportunities and times are available. Please log in to your SportsEngine account and visit: https://www.hudsonsoccer.com/dib_sessions to claim your shifts. As a reminder, ALL travel families (including HS aged players) are required to volunteer 8-16 hours or pay the buyout at $20/hour. Please see below about volunteer info and requirements. Thank you for your help and time!
Hudson Soccer Travel Families Volunteer Requirement Information
Hudson Soccer Association is a volunteer run program. Volunteers are crucial to the operation. Without requiring families to volunteer, HSA would have to significantly increase costs and cut amenities.
All Travel families (HSA and Western Wisconsin) must perform 8 hours per player, per soccer year (with a 16 hour max) OR opt out of volunteering at registration, at $160 per player ($320 max). Soccer year runs August 1st to June 30th.
Information for Volunteering:
· Hudson Soccer offers a variety of volunteer opportunities per soccer year. This includes opening and closing the complex, working at an HSA fundraiser, volunteering at tournaments, assisting with complex operations, assisting with complex upkeep and miscellaneous tasks, working concessions, serving as a Coach, Team Manager, Board Member, or Committee Member; or working with the Volunteer Coordinator to complete other tasks.
· Shifts can be claimed on the Hudson Soccer website under DIBS. To claim (or view) shifts, sign into SportsEngine under the account that your child is registered. Click on DIBS, then sign up for the dib you would like to volunteer for. If you must cancel, it must be done within five days.
· Shifts are posted three to four times per season. If you don’t find any, check back.
· Hundreds of hours go incomplete each year, there’s always an opportunity to get hours completed.
· If you are struggling to complete your hours, please email Club Admin, Kati Schenz. She can assist your family find opportunities.
· Any family that doesn’t opt out or complete all their hours will be reconciled after the end of the Travel Season each June. Invoices will go out the first week of July. Each incomplete hour is billed at $20. (If a family does four of eight hours, they will be billed $80).
· Payment for unfulfilled hours is due within 30 days. Overdue payments will lead to players not being placed on teams for the following soccer year.
· It is imperative to ensure all DIBS are signed up for under the account your player is registered under, that all volunteer shifts are signed up for on DIBS (including Coaching and Team Managers), and that you keep track of how many hours are performed. Families will not be excused from payment for not completing hours because they thought they were done.
· If you have questions, need assistance, or receive a bill in error, please contact Club Admin, Kati Schenz.
· Hudson Soccer is greatly appreciative of each family’s time and support. We couldn’t do it without all of you!