TCSL is proud to launch a Respect the Referee initiative in advance of the Summer 2022 TCSL season!
As you may know, referees are in short supply. The referees that we do have will be working many matches, to ensure that matches can be played. Without them, there is no match.
WHAT TO KNOW:
- There is a referee shortage. We need to encourage our referees to stay part of the game, instead of giving them reasons to leave the game.
- Referees will make mistakes. They are learning, just as the players are.
- Decisions are made in the moment and are final. Please understand that angles are critical to decision making, and your angle might have differed from the angle of the referee.
- Be empathetic: the referee is a son, daughter, mother, father, grandparent…what if they were yours?
- Perspective is important: 10 years from now, your child will remember the friendships they made and their love for the game….not a call in a specific match!
TCSL Code of Conduct
Match Reporting & Feedback Form
Take the Sideline Project Course
Become a Referee
TCSL Policy on Misconduct Against Referees